Waste Management will service your community on the regular schedule in August. There are no holiday delays in August.
During the heat of the summer, Waste Management reminds you to stay safe indoors and out.
- Hydration is essential. Bring a refillable water bottle, even for short trips, and take regular sips. If you purchase single-use beverage bottles, please empty and recycle so they can be turned into new consumer products like t-shirts and park benches.
- Handle pool chemicals safely. Chlorine, acid and other pool chemicals are considered hazardous and cannot be disposed in curbside carts. Please check with your city/county for local disposal events and centers. These items pose a hazard to the environment if they leak and even a small amount of liquid or solid chemicals can ignite a fire in our truck or at our facilities
- Keep hot materials out of carts. Put coals and ashes in a metal container and cover with water to fully extinguish. Be sure they are completely cooled before bagging and putting in your trash cart. Hot materials can ignite in your cart or in the back of our truck and create a serious safety hazard.
- Maintain safe space. We love to see our fans wave to us when we’re in the neighborhood. Please remind kids to stay at least 15 feet from a working trash truck and never try to add materials to the cart during service.
- Enlist assistance. If you’re heading out of town on your regular collection day, ask a neighbor to pull your cart up after service. A cart left on the curb can signal an empty home and make you a potential target for burglary.
Thank you for Thinking Green and staying safe with Waste Management!